Pembrokeshire is a popular destination for cycling and mountain biking with increasing numbers of people taking advantage of the on and off-road opportunities available. Whether you’re a beginner, or an experienced rider cycling in Pembrokeshire will provide you with an experience to remember.
Things to consider when cycling in Pembrokeshire
- PERMISSION from landowners is essential before you cycle. Landowners may also be aware of local information important to you and the environment.
- ENSURE you remain aware of your surroundings during your cycle and avoid straying from designated routes. Note: Cycling is not permitted on the Coast Path.
- DECIDE your venue and check it out before you go. Avoid wildlife wherever possible. Many species of wildlife live in, on or around many of the popular cycle paths and routes spots particularly during nesting and breeding seasons (Birds Mar – Jul, Seals Aug – Feb). Avoid needlessly disturbing or harassing them, you could be committing a criminal offence!
- ASK about any local codes of conduct, byelaws and restrictions as well as general good practices and safety guidelines and follow them. After all they are there for a reason.
- LEAVE the area as you found it.