Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group Meeting 09.11.23
AdventureSmart – Horizons articles
Dynamic Dunescapes – Downloadable project resource summaries
Pembrokeshire Best Practice Event – Downloadable A5 documents
Pembrokeshire Outdoor Health Project – Programme Proposal Documents
Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group Meeting 29.03.23
Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group Meeting 10.11.22
Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group Meeting 31.03.22
Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group Meeting 03.11.21
What to do if you find a stranded Manx Shearwater
At this time of year (September) please look out for ‘wrecked’ Manx Shearwater after stormy or foggy conditions along our coastline and either box them up safely and release them on the coast themselves at dusk (ideally from a cliff or high point so the birds can take flight) or call the contacts on the attached posters for help.
The Manx Shearwater and Light Pollution information
Information on ships, light pollution and young Manx Shearwaters, with tips if you come across a stranded bird. They will be fledging (flying away from the islands) from mid-August. Bright lights can confuse them and cause them to ground/crash. This content is aimed at maritime users.
Pembrokeshire Coastal Forum worked with the National Trust, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park and Dyfed Archaeology to develop a series of resources which aim to help engage children with nature through adventure activities. These resources were funded by Visit Wales Tourism Product Innovation Fund, awarded to TYF for a wider programme.
Download the resources using the links below:
- Exploring the Past – Dyfed Archaeological Trust
- Coastal Change – National Trust
- National Park: A Special Place – Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority
Pembrokeshire Outdoor Charter Group Meeting 17.03.21
The meeting aimed to provide an update on outdoor sector accreditation – current and future.
- Tim Morton – Head of Service for Adventure RMS, appointed by the HSE as the AALA Inspectorate.
- Frances Kelly – Health & Safety Executive.
- Mike Rosser – Chair of Option 3 Working Group.
- Confirm the changes in licensing arrangements from April 2021.
- Explain the new AALA application review process.
- Update on how Adventure RMS are proceeding during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Provide an update from the HSE.
- Update on the work being carried out by Adventure UK and particularly the work by the Option 3 Working Group who are responsible for developing a possible replacement for AALA licensing.